Thursday, October 20, 2011

Exposed by Kimberly Marcus

I am going to tell you about the book Exposed by Kimberly Marcus. This book is about a girl named Liz and her best friend Kate. They have a tradition that one Saturday a month they go over to each other's house and have a sleep over. One night of the sleep over when Liz was making fun of Kate’s boyfriend, they got into a horrible fight. When Liz realized that Kate wouldn’t talk to her anymore, Liz went upstairs to bed leaving Kate downstairs. Liz later realized that she made had a horrible mistake. This horrible mistake causes to break their friendship. Will LIz and Kate ever become friends again?

This 272 page book is written in poetry form so if you need a quick read pick this one! Exposed always found a way to make you want to keep reading. I think that I would rate this book a 4.5 out of 5. This is a book that offers many different feelings when you are reading. Exposed is an awesome book and I really think that you should take my advice and read it!

I think this book reminds me of The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen. They are both about girls who have a really big problem in life and they don’t want to believe it is true. They both have to find a way to solve it. There is one other book written by Kimberly Marcus. It is called Scritch-Scratch a Perfect Match which is a picture book. I really think that Marcus should write more books for our age group because I really enjoyed this one! This book is recommended for young adults. This book has not won any awards.

A quote from the book is : “In the dim light of the darkroom, I'm alone, but not for long.
As white turns to gray, Kate is with me.
The background of the dance studio blurred, so the focus is all on her
legs extended in a perfect soaring split.
The straight line to my squiggle,
my forever-best friend.”

Kirkus says “Accessibly poetic free verse. Realistically distressing. Well-honed.”

“Gripping and thoughtful, Exposed takes a penetrating look at how a single night can change you forever.” From Patricia McCormick, author of Sold, a National Book Award finalist.

Recommended by Sarah Kluesner

No comments:

Post a Comment