Thursday, October 20, 2011

Throwing Like a Girl by Weezie Kerr Mackey

Good Morning Class. Earlier this year I read the book Throwing like a girl, by Weezie Kerr Mackey. I thought it was a great book. Probably one of my favorites! I encourage you all to read this 271 page book. It is recommended for the young adult age group. It hasn’t won any awards.

I think this book would appeal more for the girls. She has an enemy, and she has a crush. But, when she fines out that they are brother and sister will she stop going after her crush? Will he stop going after her? She also joins the softball team, which helps her get over that she just moved from Chicago, to Texas. She ends up loving the sport and makes friends that love it too.

The School Library Journal says, “ Mackey's love of the game clearly comes through and the themes of friendship and sportsmanship are strong.” This book has won no awards. Some people say that this book is similar to the Dairy Queen series, though I have never read them. Weezie Kerr Mackey hasn’t wrote any other books. I wish she did though because I’m sure they would be just as great as this one!

Recommended by Lyvia Clasen

No comments:

Post a Comment