Thursday, October 20, 2011

Notes from the Midnight Driver by Jordan Sonnenblick

Hello Classmates, today I would like to recommend the book Notes From the Midnight Driver by Jordan Sonnenblick. The recommend reading age is young adult. Jordan Sonnenblick has never won any awards on his books. Some of the books he has written are Drums, Girls, And Dangerous Pie, Ever After Ever, and Zen and the Art of Faking it.

Notes From the Midnight Driver is about a boy named Alex. He drove to his fathers house and was underage and drank. While backing up from the driveway he backs into his neighbors yard. By the time he gets out of the car the cops were already there. Alex gets 100 hours of community service because he got caught for drinking and driving. He chooses to work in a nursing home with Sol Lewis. This old guy who has emphysema, played guitar in his younger ages. Alex also plays guitar and Sol gives him some lessons and he preforms in front of the nursing home patients. Read to find out what Sol teaches Alex and find out the little bond Sol and Alex make. I like Sol the best because even though he is in a nursing home is always very happy! :) The plot in this book takes place a lot at Alex’s house and the nursing home.

Have you ever wanted to read a book and put your body in someones shoes? This is a book for you. This book explains everything very well, it feels like you are right there. This book reminded me of Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie by the same author. It reminds me of this because it talks about a boys life and the troubles he has because of one thing that happened. In Drums, Girls and Dangerous Pie it talked about a boy and his life because his little brother got cancer. In Notes from the Midnight Driver it talks about Alex and his life because he got caught drinking and driving. “Readers will be nodding with recognition, sighing in sympathy, and gasping with laughter-often on the same page,” quoted The Horn Book, starred review. My favorite part of this book would be the back because I would have never picked this book up from the front cover. Since I read the back it made me get into it.

“Alex Peter Gregory, you are a moron!” Laurie slammed he palms down on my desk and stomped her foot. I get a lot of that. One car crash. One measly little car crash. And suddenly, I am some kind of convicted felon. My parents are getting divorced, my dad is shacking up with my third-grade teacher. I might be in love with a girl who could kill me with one finger, and now I am sentenced to baby-sit some insane old guy. What else could possibly go wrong? This is the story of Alex Gregory, his guitar, his best pal Laurie, and the friendship of a lifetime that he never would have expected. So just remember never to judge a book by its cover. Hope you all read this book!

Recommended by Megan Maahs

No comments:

Post a Comment