Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Beauty Shop for Rental Fully Equipped, Inquire Within by Laura Bowers

Hello classmates, today I would like to recommend the book Beauty Shop for Rent Fully Equipped, Inquire Within by Laura Bowers. This a non-fiction, page turning book. The recommend reading age is 12 and up. This book hasn’t won any wards, but I think it should of because this is the best book I have read all year. Another book that Laura Bowers wrote is Just Flirt. I would love to read this too, because I loved Beauty Shop for Rent. My favorite character in this book is all of them because the author does such a good job of painting a picture in your mind of what is happening and what they look like. I really didn’t like Abbey’s mom though because she was really mean to Abbey. Read to find out if she still is mean or will she turn nice. That plot takes place a lot at the Beauty Shop.

Beauty Shop for Rent is about a teenage girl Abbey who lives with her great-grandma. Her great-grandma runs a beauty shop that she has been wanting to sell for a very long time. Then one day while Granny Po goes plays bingo Gena comes to the shop wanting to buy it. After Granny Po just got done telling Abbey not to let anybody in or around the shop, Abbey totally just ignored that and welcomed her in to look around. When she was leaving Gena gave Abbey her business card. Abbey didn’t give the card to Granny Po for a couple days, because she doesn’t want the shop to be sold. Abbey was given to her Great-Grandma after her mom left and her dad filed for divorce. In the book her mom calls for the first time since she was left at her grandma’s house. Read this awesome, very well-written book to see what her mom does, and if she hears from her dad.

“This is a down-home, whole-heart story..... about the wrong dream, the right guy, righteous gossip, and the power of a good spa treatment. Funny, aching, and authentic, Laura Bower’s debut is one of the finest, most entertaining I’ve ever read.” Cynthia Smith author of Rain is Not my Indian Name. “Step into this Beauty Shop for Rent for a good, clean read that will tickle your funny bone, massage your mind, and warm your heart. Highly recommended for teens and adults.” Amazon stated. I agree with this quote 100% because on all the pages you will either be crying, laughing, or in shock. A quote from this book is the first line of the book it said,”I’ll be a millionaire by the time I turn thirty-five. Successful. Independent. Abbey Garner-self-made financial genius.” I suggest you all to read this. I think this is more towards a girl read because all the characters are girls except Abbey’s boyfriend. This book doesn’t remind me of any books because it is so unique.

Recommended by Megan Maahs

No comments:

Post a Comment