Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

“He began his new life standing up, surrounded by cold darkness and stale, dusty air.” This how my favorite book, The Maze Runner, by James Dashner begins, with a boy waking up in a elevator with no memories with faces or times. He just knows his name, Thomas.

Kirkus Reviews says “Dashner knows how to spin a tale and make the unbelievable realistic. Hard to put down, this is clearly just a first installment, and it will leave readers dying to find out what comes next.”

I am in a definite agreement with this statement. I stayed up until midnight reading this one. Each chapter, I would say to myself just one more chapter, but every chapter ended with me wanting more so I coudn’t stop. Then I finished the book. I still wanted more. It was amazing! This author and the book have not won any awards, yet. This author has not written any other books, besides the series (The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trails, and The Death Cure.) The recommended reading age is young adult.

I think this book is a lot like the Hunger Games. They are not being pitted against each other to fight to the death. In both of the books they are trapped in an “arena” and can’t get out.

I really liked this book and I hope you do to!

Recommended by Anna Luber

No comments:

Post a Comment