Friday, May 11, 2012

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

“May the odds be ever in your favor.” Effie Tinket repeats a lot in the book The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.This is a must read for all! A lot of people have read this but if you haven’t you need to. It is the best book I have read all year, and best movie I have watched in my entire life. The Hunger Games was a well-written fiction novel for young adults. It is a great mix of action and a romantic love story, that kept me reading during independent reading time. It all starts in North America as it is today has been destroyed and after the area is divided up into 12 districts. The region is controlled by a very rich and weird government that is called “The Capitol”. A 16-year-old girl named Katniss Everdeen chooses to take her little sister’s place to participate in the Hunger Games held at The Capitol every year; Katniss was one of 24 “tributes” that are chosen each year. The games were made to place children from 12 to 18 years old in a big, dangerous arena to fight until the death. The fight is not only highly publicized, but it is also televised around the country. Unfortunately for her, she must deal with deciding whether or not to kill strangers, or have a love connection between Katniss and another from District 12. You must read to find out what road she takes in her life. The reading age for this book is 12 and up. It is a 384 page turning book that kept me reading. This book hasn’t won any awards yet. But I think it should in the future. It was awesome. Suzanne Collins also wrote Catching Fire, and Mocking Jay. My favorite character in this book is Katniss, I like her because she is the best person ever. She is willing to help anybody. But she also has a nasty side to her, when it comes to the hunger games. I also went to the movie and found lots of difference so I suggest you all read the book and go to the movie. “I was obsessed with this book. The Hunger Games is amazing.” A quote from the famous author Stephenie Meyer author of the twilight saga.”Brilliantly plotted and perfectly paced.” said John Green, The New York Times Book Review. My favorite quote from the book is “Here’s some advice. Stay alive,” this is said by Haymitch, Katniss and Peeta’s weird mentor, this was my favorite quote because it is kinda funny, and very good information for just going into the hunger games. It is funny because obviously that is the best advice you can get, and it is true because the statement is true. "One more time? For the audience?" read this awesome book to find out what this sentence means. I recommend this book to everybody! Recommended by Megan Maahs

No comments:

Post a Comment