Friday, May 11, 2012

Shades of Blue by Karen Kingsbury

Have you ever known what you are doing is wrong, but you’re doing it anyway? Have you ever walked away from your past life to start a new one? Brad Cutler did just that. Brad’s life turned out amazing. He is getting married to the girl of his dreams, and has a job working for her dad. His high school girlfriend is the only one standing between him and his fairytale life ahead of him. I am recommending the book Shades of Blue by: Karen Kingsbury. It is about how a man walked away from everything he had in Holden Beach. One day, what he had done in his past years finally caught up with him. He goes back to reconcile, and ask forgiveness from his first love, Emma. Shades of Blue was copyrighted in 2009. Karen Kingsbury has won many awards including, 2009 Extraordinary Woman of the Year award, and the 2007 Evangelical Book of the Year for her novel, Ever After. Her other books include, the Bailey Flanigan Series, the Red Gloves Collection, the Above the Line series, Ever After, the Redemption series, the Firstborn series, and many more. She is an amazing author for children and adults. I can not wait to see the movie Shades of Blue after reading the book. It has 336 pages packed with faith filled messages, and mistakes not to be repeated. It is recommended for ages 18 and up, but I thought it was a good book for 14 and up also. “Karen Kingsbury's books have a way of grabbing your heart and refuse to let go until the last page is turned. I read this book in one sitting. I just couldn't wait to find out how the story would end.” says LMS on Amazon. “Powerful! I couldn't put it down, and the message still stays with me. Kingsbury tackled another difficult subject beautifully.” Tammy shared about the book. My personal reaction to the book was, I loved it! It was the second best book I read this year after Catching Jordan. It not only has a powerful message, but it will bring out the emotions of anyone who reads it, guaranteed. Shades of Blue reminded me of the book Muted Grey. It was about the same topic, and both made me want to do something for the main characters. I thought this fit into many different genres such as Romance, Realistic Fiction, and Religious. I think it is geared more towards girls because it is emotional, and men don’t usually like to show their emotions. It was overall a really phenomenal book, that I hope you all read. Recommended by Isabel Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment