Monday, May 9, 2011

Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen

I read the book Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen. This engaging, poignant book is an amazing read for young adults. This book tells the story of Auden living with her divorced father and stepmother. Living in the small town of Colby is a new experience for her, because she has never really had a childhood, taking care of her irresponsible parents. I will no read the back of the book. Once Auden meets Eli he shows her everything she has missed out on as a kid, like food fights, hot dog parties, and even riding a bike. He gets her to look at life in a whole new way. I really enjoyed this book because I loved the easy-going summery feel the author writes with. One of my favorite quotes from the book is, “After he said this I realized, being amazing isn’t easy. Eli worked hard to get where he is. And now it was my turn to give it what I got.” Sarah Dessen always throws little strokes of genius in there like that, and I really like that about her writing. The Washington Post says, “Captures that sense of summer as a golden threshold between past regrets and future unknowns, a time that shimmers with the sweet promise of now.” Do not miss out on this incredible read by Sarah Dessen.

Recommended by Catherine McCoy

No comments:

Post a Comment