Thursday, May 5, 2011

Rumble Fish by S.E. Hinton

The book I read was Rumble Fish, by S.E. Hinton. It’s about a 14 year old boy named Rusty James who lives on the bad side of town with his Dad and his brother Motorcycle Boy. His dad is gone most of the time drinking, and Rusty has to learn how to live life on his own. Rusty isn’t book smart, but was not afraid to get in a fight. He and his best friend Steve loved to spend time at Benny’s Bar. As Rusty James, Steve, and Motorcycle Boy decide to go to the other side of town for a night, but were unexpected about what was going to occur for them. This book is “stylistically superb!” Says the School library Journal. This book is has a lot of action and makes you want to keep reading! The recommended age group is young adult. My favorite quote from the book was "I love fights. I love how I feel before a fight, kind of high, like I can do anything." Read to find out if what happens to Rusty James.

Recommended by Alex Kramer

No comments:

Post a Comment