Thursday, May 12, 2011

Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls

I read the book Where The Red Fern Grows by: Wilson Rawls. In the book Where The Red Fern Grows it’s about a boy and two dogs. I really liked this book because this is some thing i do. The boy named billy is like me enjoys to hunt coons. Quote "'I thought about that, Papa,' I said, 'but I made a bargain with my dogs. I told them that if they would put one in a tree, I'd do the rest. Well, they fulfilled their part of the bargain. Now it's up to me to do my part, and I'm going to, Papa. I'm going to cut it down. I don't care if it takes me a year.'" - Wilson Rawls, Where the Red Fern Grows. I recommend this book for the ages of ten and older. He also wrote the Summer of the Monkeys. It takes place in the ranged dark hills and river bottoms of the wild country. The main part is about Billy and his dogs with his Grampa. The book is filled with, adventure, contests, fights, and death, After saving for two years Billy earns enough money to buy two hound pups, Ol'Dan and Li'l Ann. What do you think if you only made 50 dollars in two years and never spent any of it.

Back of Book: Billy, Old Dan and Little Ann -- a Boy and His Two Dogs...

A loving threesome, they ranged the dark hills and river bottoms of Cherokee country. Old Dan had the brawn, Little Ann had the brains -- and Billy had the will to train them to be the finest hunting team in the valley. Glory and victory were coming to them, but sadness waited too. And close by was the strange and wonderful power that's only found.

An exciting tale of love and adventure you'll never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment