Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Boy Who Dared by Susan Campbell Bartoletti

I’m doing my review on the book The Boy Who Dared by: Susan Campbell Bartoletti. If you like a quick and easy read this is a great book. I really liked this book because it made thankful for everything that I have. It also gave me information about World War two that I didn’t know. This book is about a young German boy who grows up and has big ideas. Helmuth is living in the time of Hitler. He has two brothers named Hans and Gerhard. Helmuth decides to join a group called the Hitler Youth. He doesn’t want to but his step dad Hugo tells him to because he has great leader skills. Hitler has created dumb laws and Helmuth wants to put an end to these dumb laws. So Helmuth created these leaflets that says who the laws need to be changed and that Hitler is lying to the German people. My favorite quote from this book is “Freedom has always been dangerous,” says Helmuth. “Come to my place tonight, and I’ll prove the Nazis are lying. But wait after nine, after my grandparents go to bed.” The suggested reading age is 9-12.

Recommended by Collin Koerperich

No comments:

Post a Comment