Monday, March 26, 2012

13 Gifts by Wendy Mass

Hi classmates. I chose to do my book review on the book 13 Gifts, by Wendy Mass. It's a sequel to 11 Birthdays, and Finally. I loved this book! I think you should read it, but I'd suggest reading the first two, first. You don't have to, but you might understand some of the characters a little better. Tara has to go live with her aunt, uncle, and cousin Emily for the summer, while her parents go on a trip to Madagascar. They say it's a punishment, but is that really why she ended up in such a mysterious town? She meets a strange old lady who is holding a big secret inside. Read this page-turning book to find out the real reason why Tara has to miss out on the trip to Madagascar. I liked this book because it had funny parts, mysterious parts, and a few weird parts. There were a couple times while I was reading it that the main character, Tara, would get mad, and I would too. You can get so into this book, almost like you're right there with them.
The reccomended reading age is young adult. This book has not won any awards, but Wendy has gotten an award on a different book. A quote from this book is "Like all big mistakes, mine started with a goat."
Wendy has also written the award-winning books A MANGO-SHAPED SPACE, LEAP DAY, JEREMY FINK AND THE MEANING OF LIFE, HEAVEN LOOKS A LOT LIKE THE MALL, and many more.
“A fresh twist on the familiar themes of middle-grade family and school dynamics.” Booklist said.
I highly reccomend this book!

Recommended by Alexis Mescher

No comments:

Post a Comment