Friday, March 9, 2012

Scars by Cheryl Rainfield

Hello Classmates! Today I would like to recommend the book Scars by Cheryl Rainfield. This is a non-fiction page turning book! The recommend reading age is 14 and up. This is a very mature read. This book hasn’t won any awards. But this was a very good book. She has also wrote the book Haunted. I hope to read this book sometime this semester. My favorite character in this book is the main character Kendra. I liked her because she is a very strong teenager for what she went through in her younger days. Read this book to find out what happened. This book kinda remained me about A Piece of Cake I abandoned this book because it just got to long. But this book was better. The reason it remained me about it is because they both had a rough young life.
Kendra has a problem with cutting her wrist because of what happened when she was younger. Kendra meets a lot of new friends along her hard journey. I think everybody should read this book to see how sad some kids life’s are. This book really makes you think about everybody’s life and to respect everybody else. So read this book if you are looking for a hard book to put down and a quick read.
A quote from the School Library Journal is “Whatever their life experience is, teens will be on the edge of their seats...This is one heck of a good book!” Gail Giles also had a quote about this book is “Scars is the most read book for any teen, I couldn’t put it down.” I liked this quote the best because it is a very good read that I couldn’t put down. My favorite quote from this book is “The memories are so strong, all I have to do is close my eyes and reach for them and they come. I’m the one who keeps trying to hold them back. I’m the one who wants to run screaming from my own head.” This quote made me want to read on and on and on. I hope you all get your hands on this book and read it.

Recommended by Megan Maahs

No comments:

Post a Comment