Monday, March 26, 2012

Woods Runner by Gary Paulsen

The book I am doing my review on is Woods Runner by Gary Paulsen. Sadly this book has not won any awards. It is about a Brave young lad named Samuel, and he is raised in a small village in the woods. One day while hunting in the woods he saw smoke in the direction of the village. He went back home and when he arrived everything was destroyed. People were dead and homes were burned to the ground, but he couldn’t find the bodies of his parents. Are they alive? What does Samuel do without his family? Read this exhilarating novel to find out.
This is one of my new favorite books. It kept me on the edge of my seat wanting more! Gary Paulsen never disappoints me with his great books such as, Hatchet, Lawn boy, Brians hunt, Dogsong and many, many more. Kirkus reviews says "A superb reflection on the nature of war." This book is unlike anything Gary Paulsen has ever written before. It magically ties the revolutionary war into a story about a boy who belongs in the woods, trying to find his parents. Normally Gary Paulsen doesn’t write about war, but in this case change is good. I’d recommend this for people ages 12 and up.

Recommended by Ross Wedewer

No comments:

Post a Comment