Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Middle School, the WORST Years of my Life by James Peterson

I finished the book, Middle School, The WORST Years f my Life. This book was copywrited in 2011 and is a very funny tale about a boy who decided that his book of rules was going to be he’s best friend this year. And not in a good way.
Rafe Khatchadorian, was 6th grader that was tired of all the rules. As he’s best friend draws a picture of a guy breaking all the rules. During a school assembly, Rafe hatches an idea. And he decides to get started on it right away. He goes own to he’s teacher and asks to go to the restroom. On he’s way though, he makes a stop to the fire alarm.. and you can only imagine what happens next! My favorite quote from the book was, when he was talking himself into pulling the fire alarm.
“ Still was I crazy? Was completely nuts for thinking I could pull this off? Yes, I told myself. You are. Okay, I thought. Just checking. And pulled the alarm.”
The reading age of this book is around 10-13 year olds. This was a very quick read, that I read in a day.

"Incredibly detailed and imaginative illustrations... add depth and humor.... an enjoyable story that even the most reluctant readers should enjoy,” says Library Media Connection, on Amazon.com. James Peterson has also wrote the books, Kill me if you can, I, Alex Cross, and When the Wind Blows.

Recommended by Lyvia Clasen

No comments:

Post a Comment