Thursday, March 29, 2012

Notes to Self by Avery Sawyer

Today the book I will be recommending to the class is Notes to Self, by Avery Sawyer. This suspenseful novel is about Robin, and her best friend Emily. One night at midnight, they have a tragic fall, they are both in a coma. Robin wakes up and can’t remember a single thing, but she thinks she owes it to Emily to find out what has happened that night. Everything that Robin remembers she writes it down on a sticky note, so she has a bunch of notes to herself. Throughout the notes she will uncover who is really close to her. Also she will uncover some of her family secrets that she would have never expected. Why did Robin and Emily fall? How did they fall? Why did she leave her house at midnight? These are all questions that Robin and the reader, are trying to figure out all the way to the end of the book.


This book reminds me of the book If I Stay by Gayle Formann, because they both are injured, and both have to uncover the truth about what happened. My favorite quote from this book is “I made it Notes official: I like to sing. Maybe I’ll do it in front of other people someday.”
I like this because it shows how much Robin relies on her notes. I probably really helps her. The recommended reading age is grades 8-12.

Amazon had a great review about this book: “When things get out of control, Robin wakes up in a hospital bed and Emily doesn't wake up at all. Just getting dressed becomes an ordeal as Robin tries to heal and piece together the details of that terrible night. Racing to remember everything in the hopes of saving Emily, Robin writes a series of notes to herself to discover the truth.”

I was unable to find a author review for this book.

This book has not won any awards yet, but I think it should in the near future.

People who bought Notes to Self also bought:

Forever Is Over by Calvin Wade and

If I Stay by Gayle Formann

Avery Sawyer is a pen name, the real authors name is Laura Schaefer, she has also written; The Teashop Girls and The Secret Ingredient.

I hope you guys enjoy this book as much as I did.

Recommended by Quinn Herbst

No comments:

Post a Comment