Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Beauty Shop for Rental Fully Equipped, Inquire Within by Laura Bowers

Hi, I’ll be doing my book review on Beauty Shop for Rent by Laura Bowers. She writes most like Lynne Perkins (in my opinion). It’s about a girl named Abbey that wants to be a millionaire by the time she’s 35 because her great grandma, grandma, and mom all got pregnant and went into debt very young. She wants to end this chain right now because her mom had to drop her off at Abbey’s great grandma’s when Abbey was very young. Abbey is my favorite character because she is really grown up for her age and handles situations very well even though she’s only a sophmore.

That’s not all the book is about though. One day a woman named Gena walks into the shop because she’s looking into buying a beauty parlor. Not only was she interested in any beauty parlor though. She wanted that one. That surprised me! There was a sign that had been outside for 2 whole years, and now someone was actually interested in renting it! It said “Beauty Shop for Rent, fully equipped, inquire within.”

This 328 page book is most bought with The Gospel According to Larry. Beauty Shop for Rent’s recommended reading age is 12+.

E. Lockhart said Beauty Shop for Rent, is, “As homey, gossipy, and charming as a small-town beauty shop, Laura Bowers’s first novel will soothe your mind, cleanse your pores, and make your hair curl with laughter.”

Laura Bowers also wrote the book Just Flirt. She is yet to write more.

This book has not won any awards but should in my opinion.

My favorite quote in this book is, “I forgot to bring in the portable (phone). It’s probably Granny Po, and if I don’t answer, she’ll think someone kidnapped me, or something.” I like this quote because it reminds me so much of my mom.
Will Abbey be a millionaire when she’s 35, or will she have a baby very young and be in debt?

Recommended by Laura Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment